The Confessions of a Child of the Century
By Thomas Rogers
Original Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Current Publisher: Out of Print
Fiction Finalists That Year:
- Brock Brower for The Late Great Creature
- Alan Friedman for Hermaphrodeity
- Barry Hannah for Geronimo Rex
- George V. Higgins for The Friends of Eddie Coyle
- R.M. Koster for The Prince
- Vladimir Nabokov for Transparent Things
- Ishmael Reed for Mumbo Jumbo
- Thomas Rogers for The Confessions of a Child of the Century
- Isaac Bashevis Singer for Enemies, A Love Story
- Eudora Welty for The Optimist's Daughter
Fiction Judges That Year: Evan Connell, Leslie A. Fielder, William Gass, Walker Percy, Jonathan Yardley
The Year in Literature:
- The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction.
- Patrick White won the Nobel Prize for literature.
More Information: Rogers was a Fiction Finalist once previously, in 1969 for The Pursuit of Happiness.