Among the Dangs
By George P. Elliott
Original Publisher: Holt, Rinehart & Winston
Current Publisher: Out of Print
Fiction Finalists That Year:
- Hortense Calisher for False Entry
- George P. Elliott for Among the Dangs
- Joseph Heller for Catch-22
- Bernard Malamud for A New Life
- William Maxwell for The Chateau
- J.D. Salinger for Franny and Zooey
- Isaac Bashevis Singer for The Spinoza of Market Street
- Edward Lewis Wallant for The Pawnbroker
- Joan Williams for The Morning and the Evening
- Richard Yates for Revolutionary Road
Fiction Winner That Year: Walker Percy for The Moviegoer
Fiction Judges That Year: Lewis Gannett, Herbert Gold, Jean Stafford
The Year in Literature:
- The Edge of Sadness by Edwin O'Connor won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction.
- John Steinbeck won the Nobel Prize for literature.
- Elliott was born in Knightstown, Indiana in 1918 and grew up in Southern California. He died in New York City in 1980.
- Among the Dangs is a collection of ten short stories.