Winds of Morning
By H.L. Davis
Original Publisher: William Morrow
Current Publisher: Out of Print
Fiction Finalists That Year:
- Isabel Bolton for Many Mansions
- H.L. Davis for Winds of Morning
- Thomas Gallagher for The Gathering Darkness
- Ernest Hemingway for The Old Man and the Sea
- Carl Jonas for Jefferson Selleck
- Peter Martin for The Landsmen
- May Sarton for A Shower of Summer Days
- Jean Stafford for The Catherine Wheel
- John Steinbeck for East of Eden
- William Carlos Williams for The Build-Up
Fiction Winner That Year: Ralph Ellison for Invisible Man
Fiction Judges That Year: Saul Bellow, Martha Foley, Irving Howe, Howard Mumford Jones, Alfred Kazin
The Year in Literature:
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction.
- Winston Churchill won the Nobel Prize for literature.
More Information: Davis won the Pulitzer Prize for his novel Honey in the Horn in 1936.