By Mark Z. Danielewski
Original and Current Publisher: Pantheon
Fiction Finalists That Year:
- Mark Z. Danielewski for Only Revolutions
- Ken Kalfus for A Disorder Peculiar to the Country
- Dana Spiotta for Eat the Document
- Jess Walter for The Zero
Fiction Winner That Year: Richard Powers for The Echo Maker
Fiction Judges That Year: Bharati Mukherjee, Jonathan Lethem, Craig Nova, David Plante, Marianne Wiggins
The Year in Literature:
- March by Geraldine Brooks won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction.
- Orhan Pamuk won the Nobel Prize for literature.
More Information: Only Revolutions is told from the perspective of two characters, Hailey and Sam, a pair of rebellious teenagers. The book is printed so that both covers appear to be the front of the book. The green cover is the story as told by Sam, and the gold cover is the story as told by Hailey.
Buy the Book: