Evidence of Things Unseen
By Marianne Wiggins
Original and Current Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Fiction Finalists That Year:
- T.C. Boyle for Drop City
- Edward P. Jones for The Known World
- Scott Spencer for A Ship Made of Paper
- Marianne Wiggins for Evidence of Things Unseen
Fiction Winner That Year: Shirley Hazzard for The Great Fire
Fiction Judges That Year: Antonya Nelson, Alice Elliot Dark, Peter Cameron, Jay Parini, Jean Thompson
The Year in Literature:
- Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction.
- J. M. Coetzee won the Nobel Prize for literature.
More Information: Wiggins was a National Book Award Fiction Judge in 2006, the year that Richard Powers won the Award for The Echo Maker.