By Stephen Dixon
Original Publisher: Henry Holt & Co.
Current Publisher: Out of Print
Fiction Finalists That Year:
- Madison Smartt Bell for All Souls Rising
- Edwidge Danticat for Krik? Krak!
- Stephen Dixon for Interstate
- Rosario Ferré for The House on the Lagoon
Fiction Winner That Year: Philip Roth for Sabbath’s Theater
Fiction Judges That Year: Erica Jong, Michael Malone, Colleen McElroy, Thomas McGuane, Mark Richard
The Year in Literature:
- The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction.
- Seamus Heaney won the Nobel Prize for literature.
More Information: Dixon was a Fiction Finalist once previously, in 1991 for Frog.