By Edwidge Danticat
Original Publisher: Soho
Current Publisher: Vintage
Fiction Finalists That Year:
- Madison Smartt Bell for All Souls Rising
- Edwidge Danticat for Krik? Krak!
- Stephen Dixon for Interstate
- Rosario Ferré for The House on the Lagoon
Fiction Winner That Year: Philip Roth for Sabbath’s Theater
Fiction Judges That Year: Erica Jong, Michael Malone, Colleen McElroy, Thomas McGuane, Mark Richard
The Year in Literature:
- The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction.
- Seamus Heaney won the Nobel Prize for literature.
More Information: Danticat was a Finalist again in 2007, this time in the Nonfiction category, for Brother, I’m Dying.