By Cecile Pineda
Original Publisher: Viking
Current Publisher: Wings Press
Finalists for First Work of Fiction That Year:
- Elizabeth Benedict for Slow Dancing
- Cecile Pineda for Face
Winner for First Work of Fiction That Year: Bob Shacochis for Easy in the Islands
Fiction Judges That Year: Not Available
The Year in Literature:
- Foreign Affairs by Alison Lurie won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction.
- Claude Simon won the Nobel Prize for literature.
- Face was Pineda’s first novel.
- Pineda founded the Theatre of Man, which, from 1969 to 1981, produced thirteen original works, including seven based on Pineda’s texts.