The Year of the French
By Thomas Flanagan
Original Publisher: Holt, Rinehart & Winston
Current Publisher: NYRB Classics
Fiction (Paperback) Finalists That Year:
- Thomas Flanagan for The Year of the French
- Norman Mailer for The Executioner's Song
- Scott Spencer for Endless Love
- Herman Wouk for War and Remembrance
Fiction (Paperback) Winner That Year: John Cheever for The Stories of John Cheever
Fiction Judges That Year: Not Available
The Year in Literature:
- A Confederacy of Dunces by the late John Kennedy Toole won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction.
- Elias Canetti won the Nobel Prize for literature.
The Year of the French was the Flanagan’s first novel. The book won the National Book Critics Circle Award for fiction in 1979.
Flanagan is also the author of The Tenants of Time (1988) and The End of the Hunt (1995).